The Gismo Queen has lost her King
As all followers of this blog know, we sadly farewelled Greg in July 2026 after his sudden passing on the 14th July. Greg loved nothing more than sitting around a campfire somewhere in regional or remote Australia, chatting with friends and sharing laughs. It was so important to both of us that we were able to keep doing this after Greg lost his eyesight. I know how proud he was of me for learning to tow the caravan, and how proudly he described me as an "expert" after more than 100,000km of doing it!
So, of course we will keep doing it. This upcoming trip was planned for many months and to honour him, Neill, Jude and I are going to go to the music festival he had chosen and will continue talking to him around the campfire. There will be sad times but also opportunities to revisit happy memories. And I know Greg will want me to make new memories too.
I don't want to re-name the blog because this blog has more than 20 years of Greg's and my travel memories. But as of this Sunday when I board the Spirit of Tasmania on my own for the first time in 24 years, the Gismo Queen will travel on - never alone - and with love and gratitude for her King always front of mind.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home